More than a dozen Coral Springs High School students were taken to hospitals after showing symptoms of dehydration at an outdoor event Thursday.
Coral Springs Fire Rescue transported 14 students to Broward Health Coral Springs and Northwest Medical Center between 3 and 3:30 p.m. after the students became overheated during an outdoor concert toward the end of the school day.
“Due to the heat, there are some students experiencing heat emergency-type symptoms,” said Mike Moser, division chief of the Coral Springs Fire Department.
Moser said 11 other students were evaluated, but declined to be taken to a hospital.
email@example.com, 954-356-4544 or Twitter: @rebecapiccardo.